26 August 2011

cath kidston d.i.y

I'm officially a college student, I enrolled yesterday and it was so well organised we was out in an hour, totally forgot they would need my photo taken for my i.d card- and of course i wasn't feeling or looking too healthy yesterday just my luck, all i did was pull my hair back- but on my photo it look's like i'm bald and i wasn't even smiling, i have it for 2 year's & i look absolutely awful.
On a happier note though i have two induction day's soon which i'm nervous for, on the 2nd day we all go bowling to "get to know eachother" i did laugh but hey, okay!


I really do ramble, on to the diy!




A few week's ago i got some sample's of cath kidston fabric's, so of course I had to make something cute from them, even though I think they would look lovely just in photo frame's on the wall as well.
But instead I made a couple of coaster's and a few new book mark's because I'm constantly losing mine.
Just cut down to size and laminate, i also added wool on one book mark just to give it another exta little cute touch!
of course when i light the candle I'll take it away because fire health & safety etc, but when it's not light i think it look's sweet.
I'll be making a lot more with them including customizing jeans and what not!


i Need to go and rescue my dinner & apple crumble from burning...
Have a lovely day everyone!
sjmwell

Share:

14 comments

  1. sounds like my college photo. I was distracted by my friend and was in the middle of talking when the photographer took the pic, so i have my mouth open! Cringe. I think its a rule. you have to look cringey on those photos! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, cute! I love Cath Kidston stuff, my mum has a CK called Sew (I think) and there's a tonne of DIYs in there :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you're so creative :)

    DaphYin
    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely prints!! Well done for getting into college

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fab ideas, will have to try them out! Hope you enjoy college :) x

    half the world away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I absolutely love Cath Kidston prints!
    Your blog is just so adorable btw, I love your scabble heading. Hope you have fun at your induction days!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Good luck with the 'getting to know each other' day, next thing you know you'll be doing trust excercises! x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cath Kidson's stuff is all adorable, & so is your blog. :-) x

    http://www.therosy-tintedflash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love cath kidston's fabric patterns, I love reading the magazine too! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your blog, this post is great. i am now following, i hope you can follow back.

    www.clm-trash.blogspot.com
    love FASHIONPROJECT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chances are here in Belgium you get to choose your id pic! :D Anyhow, glad to hear you "survived" your first day at college ;)
    Also, I really like what you did to those fabrics! Especially the coasters, they're so cute :D

    Love,
    Shanah.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oo, I just love Cath Kidston!
    I hate it when you look dreadful for photos, as they seem to last for such a long time and you're reminded everytime you look at them of how dreadful they are!
    http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations for sorting colledge out :) I'm so happy for you :) I actually just enrolled myself for night-colledge as I'm older than colledge age + working too but I'm soo excited ha-ha can't wait to stock up on pretty folders etc :)

    Love what you've made here sooo creative and gorgeous :)

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I appreciate every comment!

© S J M W E L L - Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle blog. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig