27 April 2012

My current skincare routine



I've been thinking about doing a skincare post for a while now, and I'm finally doing it! I might be doing a what's in my make-up bag/ daily make-up soon. Most of these product's I've used for a few year's now, and haven't really changed them.



 I never used to use alot, for a few year's all I used was a Clearasil wash in the shower and baby wipe's to take off my make-up. I never actually had any skin issues so this worked fine for me. Until I saw ton's of post's about Liz Earles C&P last summer and I decided to finally cave in and purchase it, 5 bottles later and I still love it.

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish:
I use this every evening and take it off with the muslin cloth,  I tend not to use it if I haven't worn make-up because I don't like wasting it, I either just use a cheap cleanser from Boot's or an Olay wash. The muslin cloth subtly exfoliates without you really realising it, my face is definitely paler (if that's possible!) then the rest of me, so it proves it exfoliates well.

Nivea Soft moisturiser:
This was the first and the only moisturiser I've only really used, I never really want to change it because it work's so well for me. I should have share's for the amount of tubes I've got through over the year's!

Boot's Botanic's Intensive moisture mask:

This was a random purchase I just picked up in Boot's one day, and I'm glad I did- it does wonder's for my dry patches round my nose. Sometimes exfoliating & moisturising just doesn't do much so I put this on and leave it for 20minutes then wash it off. It's basically like a face mask but a moisturising one. It always makes my skin smooth soft and moisturised it's really nice. They also say you can leave this on while you sleep but i haven't tried this yet, I might try putting it on in the morning one day and leave it on until the afternoon just to see.


Vaseline:

There isn't much to say about this, I use this ltd ed one on my lip's after I use the Lush lip scrub, but the little blue tub is a holygrail for me, I use it around my finger's, on my elbow's & knee's, my skin, lip's & even sometimes mix a little bit with lipstick for a tinted balm. It's so multi-purpose. 




Oatfix face mask: I'm a hugggge fan of Lush, especially the fresh face mask's. I remember being young and being given a free sample of the Catastrophe Cosmetic before they made it permanent and loving it. My mum was given this when she shopped for Christmas in there which is a bonus. I love it for my dry skin- It remind's me of the fresh face mask I posted about here and make every week. But if you don't want to be chopping up banana's or mixing it all up then this is definitely easier. 




Lush Bubblegum lip scrub:A well known little gem from Lush, I use this every evening after cleansing just to get rid of the dryness to my lip's, it's taken a while but it's finally sorted them out. I love this stuff and it does last longer then I thought it would.

St.Ives Apricot scrub:If i'm honest I never liked this when I first used it, it broke me out so bad and for someone who never does it was horrible. I used up the tube by using it on my body instead, but funnily enough I re-purchased it just to give it another go. I use it rarely just to give my skin a good exfoliating and help with the dry patches but make sure to moisturise and use spot cream a few day's after.


Bio-Oil:This may seem a weird thing to have in skincare as it's usually used for pregnant women wanting to prevent stretch mark's, I kept reading it helped with dark circles so started using it, the only thing is excess oil's can create milia, I've stopped using it now but I use it every so often, I believe it did fade them slightly but now I just use it on dryness.



Superdrug Natural brightening eye cream:
I brought this when It was on offer, I think for £3 instead of £5-6? mainly just to use under concealer's especially mac and Bobbi Brown corrector, it dries almost instantly and brightens nicely. I've never noticed it to have 'sparkle' which is what most product's claiming to brighten have. The brightening also help's with my dark circles but it doesn't fade them. I sometimes use this in the evening after cleansing. I love this and it's lasted me month's so I'll definitely be re-purchasing.



Liz Earle Instant boost skin tonic:This came in a box when I brought my last bottle of C&P, it worked out cheaper then buying it individually and I wanted to give this a try anyway. I never realised it was a toner but I love just spraying this all over my face after cleansing and before moisturising, it's so refreshing and the smell is nice too.
I don't use it all the time so I'm sure if I buy a big bottle it would last me forever, I'd definitely prefer a spray bottle rather then applying it over with a cotton pad. This would also be lovely just to spray over your face when the weather is warm.


When I get a few random spot's are exfoliating I've always used Freederm, it literally work's in an hour and the next day it tend's to be gone. It's amazing and i've never wanted to use anything else.
If I don't want to waste Liz Earle C&P to remove stubborn mascara I'll use a Vitamin E/camomile? eye make up remover from The Body Shop which is really good.


My skin is normal with occasional dry patches around my nose, especially when we have cold weather. I'm 1-2 shade's lighter then NC15 Mac with light freckles and occasionally have spot's. I suffer with dark circles from annoying insomnia, I'll be writing a post on it all soon.







Share:

9 comments

  1. I love skincare routine posts! Just stumble across your blog on twitter :) Following you now, follow back?
    www.our-baby-blog.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love St.Ives Scrub is amazing. This Vaseline in your picture is horrible for me, because when I was using it my lips got really dry, as the ingredients are pretty crap. I do like the smell thought. I love the Pink Vaseline. Would love to try out the Liz Earle Instant boost skin tonic. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! I really want to try the pink vaseline it look's really pretty on other people's lip's, like a natural glossy stain :)

      Delete
  3. I love Liz Earle C&P!
    That Boots mask sounds really nice, I might have a look when I'm next in :-)

    Just to let you know, the giveaway I'm holding tomorrow ends tomorrow, so if you want to be in with a chance of winning a Benefit Erase Paste (among other things!) then click here!
    xxx
    http://laurenrmilor.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/late-100-followers-give-away.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't be without it now, thank you for your comment!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Really want to try out the st ives scrub, love all the lush items, they work wonders! :)

    Lucy
    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really really really want to try the hot cloth cleanser...think I may have to purchase it with my birthday money!

    500daysoffashion.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much for your comment. I love this little beauty review, I'm a big fan of Liz Earle, but only can purchase it when I'm really rolling in the money ha!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I appreciate every comment!

© S J M W E L L - Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle blog. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig