23 July 2012

Olympic inspired nails & exciting news- Manicure Monday


First photo: 'Ombre Olympic torch', Gold medal, Tennis, Olympic Ring's, Quarter of the Union flag.
Second photo: 'Big ben & red bus', 'Rower's', 'Union Flag', 'Olympic country colours', '2012'

OPI- 'Alpine Snow' / OPI-"Just Spotted the lizard" / Collection 2000- "Lemon Soda' / Collection 2000- "Big Hair" /
Collection 2000- "Button Moon" / Collection 2000- "Milkshake" / Rimmel- "Green Grass" /
Glitter Gal- "Marine Blue holographic" / Glitter Gal- "Wild Violets" / Black Nail art pen / Barry m- "Navy"/
Barry m- "Blue Glitter' / ELF- "Smoky Brown" / Nails Inc- "Atomic" / Models Own- "Juicy Jules" / Orly- "Nude" / Nail art pen's


Phew, that's alot of polishes!
A few week's ago Collection announced they're running an Olympic themed nail art competition for blogger's. Of course I jumped at the chance to get involved, I love nail art!
All you had to do was create design's on your nail's, use at-least two nail polishes from their range and send them in. You could create as many nail's as you wanted but only one could be accepted per person.
The Collection team would then choose their 5 favourite design's and upload them to their facebook page and allow fan's to choose their favourite to win by 'liking' and sharing the photo.
I started by wanting to do the obvious e.g the Olympic ring's and possibly the Union flag, but I also wanted to 'try' and do something different. Annoyingly the day before i went to paint my nail's they broke so i had to cut them short :( mad dash to get some blank false ones from the shop as mine were impossible to do anything on, They still took me forever to paint on myself though.

Well, I found out my entry was chosen as one of the 5, I was so excited! I didn't think mine would get chosen at all.
The voting start's today (23rd July) on their facebook page and voting will run until Tuesday 31st July.
Of course you don't have to vote for my nail's but I'd love you it if you gave mine a 'like' (only if you like them obviously!)

If any of you would like to see any tutorial's on how I did any of the nail's or what polish was used for which nails let me know in the comment's!

I posted how to do 'ombre' nail's here the other day, I used exactly the same technique for the 'flame torch' thumb.


Please click here to 'like' my photo if you like my nail's!

Share:

10 comments

  1. Wow! You are so talented a nail art! I could never be that precise and stable! I love all the designs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm really not compared to other's! thank you :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I really like the Olympic rings nail and the little nail with a corner of the flag :) So cute! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so so good, congrats on making the final 5! :-)

    rachelpan xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love these nails - so pretty :) Congrats on getting in the top 5 :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently stumbled across your blog and I LOVE it! I love the layout to the content and everything in between! Your sense of style is just impeccable and your blog is simply the epitome of perfection! I am your newest, most avid follower, I look forward to reading your future posts. I would love it if you could perhaps follow me back too? Have a lovely day!

    Love from, MISSIFFA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I appreciate every comment!

© S J M W E L L - Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle blog. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig