26 September 2012

Kerastase Elixir Ultime hair oil review

Kerastase Elixir Ultime - £25.85 (for 125ml) - I brought mine in a salon but available here 

When I go to the hairdresser's they always used to use this before blowdrying/straightening and sometimes as a finishing product.  I was always so impressed with how shiny and soft it made my hair (then again wouldn't we all like to look like we do when we stroll from the salon, all the time?) 
I finally purchased it to see if it would work as well at home. 
I use this after I've washed my hair and let it dry for about an hour so it's still damp yet half dry, I concentrate mainly at the end's, then when less product is on my hand's rub it in higher up the hair avoiding the root's.
I also use it as a 'finishing product' just to make my hair that little more 'finished' shiny & soft. This stuff make's curl's look amazing and equally straightened hair too, actually this stuff makes every hair style look amazing. I even use it on my pony tail when I went it to look a little bit more 'slick and shiny' 

Here's what Kerastase say's:

" Our first versatile beautifying treatment enriched with a complex of four precious oils. Maize, Argan, Camellia and Pracaxi oils combine to create a luxurious Elixir for all hair types.
-with a few drops of elixir Ultime, hair is transformed into silky, weightless matter

- applied before cleansing, hair is instantly nourished and visibly regenerated
- applied before styling, hair is incredibly supple and protected."

1. Pracaxi Oil: Celebrated for its rich conditioning properties
2. Argan Oil: One of the rarest oils in the world, famed for its nourishing benefits
3. Maize Oil: A Kerastase heritage oil used in their first ever masque
4. Camellia Oil: A luxurious a fragrant oil extracted from camellia flowers


The oil itself is actually quite light and runny which is nice, I'm not a fan of heavy product's on my already heavy thick hair. It has quite a strong smell of coconut which I'm personally not a fan of as I'm allergic to it. I've been searching and looking at the ingredient's & I can't see coconut listed unless I missed it!


I love this, but I now save it for 'special hair day's' because It's a teeny bit expensive. 
I'm sure L'oreal are part of Kerastase and they recently brought out a hair oil which basically look's exactly like this, I haven't tried it though.
I'd also love to try the hair oil in the 'pink' range Kerastase have recently released, which I think is aimed at thicker hair.

Have you tried this? What's your favourite hair serum/oil? 


Just a brief description of my hair. It's very thick, I don't have any issues with it (dry, oily etc) it's quite normal. My hair is naturally quite shiny and always has been since I was young.
 I used to straighten my fringe & hair regularly but very rarely do now. 
I try not to use heat to keep it healthy. 




Follow me on:

Share:

3 comments

  1. thanks for sharing this review with us :) I'm still looking for a good oil for my hair and maybe I should invest a bit more in this
    or have a look for similar ones. :)

    xoxo FlirtingwithFashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this oil product. smells soo good. it really conditions my hair makes it soo soft and silky. i have very long med- thick hair that's slightly wavy and super frizzy.

    By
    Marisha wick
    Jamaican Black Castor

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hair isn't that dry - but I didn't want to guess which product had the right amount of moisturizing for my hair. I bought the Shielo Restoration Oil to just go all out and moisturize the heck out of my hair and scalp. I was concerned about it weighing my hair down. After ysinh the SHielo Hair Oil, my hair is now very soft and shiney! This oil really does work for any hair if it works on mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I appreciate every comment!

© S J M W E L L - Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle blog. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig