9 October 2012

Oilatum natural repair face cream

Boot's - £7.65

I'm sure most people reading this will have either heard about it or used it. Last year Nicola from Pixiwoo recommended this as a really good moisturiser for under make-up, but also moisturising enough for dry skin. Moisturiser for dry skin is usually thick and a bit of a pain to even think about applying make-up over the top, so this sounded very ideal. 
I'll admit it took me a while to jump on the bandwagon. I've been using my trusty Nivea cream since I started secondary school and has actually been the only moisturiser I've ever used. My skin was getting more dry patches then what it usually does as it was winter so I decided to finally try this out. It's a few pound's more then my old Nivea cream, but I'd now go as far to say it's as good as (maybe even better) then the Nivea. 

I still  haven't got the hang on applying this everyday before my make-up as I'm always in a rush to get it applied and go. When I do have time I wear this under it and I have no issue with those annoying 'balls' that happen with most when you apply foundation over moisturiser. It doesn't take long to dry depending that a thin layer is applied. I apply this every night after my skincare routine. I find it best to apply a small amount on to my finger's, rub them together to warm it up and then apply around my nose first and in between my eyebrow's (as this is where I commonly get dry patches with cold weather) and then apply the rest over my face, then repeat the same amount down my neck.

I'm really lucky to not suffer from un-even skin or any skin problem's but the next morning I'm always greeted with such smooth, soft, healthy looking skin. It look's like it's been lightly airbrushed (don't know how this stuff does it but I'm amazed!) 
This is one of the other reason's I prefer to apply it the night before rather then under make-up as it just seem's to make my skin look so much better in the morning.

I'm now nearly at the end of my tube and I'm definitely re-purchasing, this is one of my holy grail product's. £7.65 is such a good price for the effectiveness this product give's and how amazing it is.
Even though 50ml isn't much, it's lasted me age's. Would be great if they did bigger size's though!

Have you tried this? What's your favourite moisturiser?


Follow me on:


Share:

4 comments

  1. i've never heard of this actually but i hate the way make up usually sits on moisturiser so i'll definitely give this a go,
    hope you'll pop over and say hi :)
    laura x
    http://ilikecrayonsxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My nephew suffers really badly from dry skin, particularly on his cheeks! he has actually been prescribed this by the doctors (lucky thing) and sure has worked wonders for him and the whole family! x

    Beth xx

    http://aromarant.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of this giving an airbrushed look. I may have to take a look in Boots next time I visit!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all details that you provide in your articles.face numbing cream

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I appreciate every comment!

© S J M W E L L - Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle blog. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig