25 November 2012

A Crafty Christmas #1 - DIY Wrapping paper for present's




Using un-usual paper's and object's as a way to wrap present's at Christmas is something I love to do. I probably spend more time decorating and wrapping present's then anything else. Decorating and making present's look pretty really shouldn't cost alot and it's nice to up-cycle item's.  This sheet music also has it's advantage's, it's so much thicker and durable then standard paper.
I picked up some music sheet's for a few pence each in a charity shop and even though they are so pretty with their illustration's to cut up and use (I kept a few back!) they make the cutest un-usual wrapping paper. I personally always use double sided tape as It look's much neater un-seen. I think anyone will love the look of this when they go to open it- A big musical lover even more.
You can keep it like it is or tie some string, ribbon or bow's on it. 
 
I have many more Christmas post's for a very Crafty Christmas coming soon!


Do you enjoy wrapping up the present's? Do you like this?
Follow me on:
Share:

22 comments

  1. This is such a good idea, it looks really cute! :) I'd never have thought of it.

    Frances xx

    http://francescassandra.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea! May have to steal it if you don't mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this, such a good idea, exactly the kind of thing I'd do (and I will be doing it as I saw some sheet music in a charity shop yesterday). I love up-cycling stuff and I'll be doing just that this Christmas-making cups and saucers into cute candles which I'll have a post doing closer to Christmas :) Check out my blog and perhaps we could follow each other :)
    http://frankest.blogspot.co.uk/
    Frankie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- Yes the cute cup's as candles are so cute, look forward to reading your post! xx

      Delete
  4. that's such a fantastic way of wrapping presents! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an awesome idea, I always just buy my wrapping paper from anywhere but this is such a creative thing to do. I absolutely love wrapping presents! :)

    Vanese
    vanzthemachinee.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a good idea!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awh I love this idea! I definitely prefer giving than receiving :) ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Sophie- So do I, I love seeing people open gift's!

      Delete
  8. these look great :) i've actually used a v.similar idea for my boyfriend's birthday wrapping paper this year, but i used an old atlas instead :) it's such a good way to upcycle! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- I love using atlas' too, especially vintage coloured one's- they look gorgeous! xx

      Delete
  9. I love this idea although I'm not sure I could bring myself to rip up any music, haha (: I love wrapping paper ideas because I always tend to stick to the same brown paper and string classic. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! I might try some creative wrapping paper this year :) I'll have to get thinking!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful...looks very good,love it.:)
    Maybe follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC????
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so amazing! I'm completely going to do this. I usually detest wrapping presents but I think if I'm a little more creative with it I'll enjoy it much more :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I think everyone get's a little bored of wrapping after the first few!

      Delete
  13. this is SUCH good idea! i think i'll try this for my more trendy friends...don't imagine my mum would be too impressed...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I appreciate every comment!

© S J M W E L L - Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle blog. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig