22 December 2012

Homemade Vanilla lip/hand scrub



This is my go to scrub recipe when I plan to wear a matte or any lippy or just when the cold weather is making my lip's dry. This scrub isn't just great for the lip's though it's a good all rounder. I also use this on my hand's, feet and just as an all over body scrub.
It's super easy to make and much cheaper then store brought.

Depending on how much you want to make, it's always worth adding a spoon more of sugar to what you added of olive oil, to make it less of a wet scrub. Or just add and mix until you like the consistency.

2tbsp of sugar (Caster for a finer scrub)
1tbsp vanilla sugar
2tbsp olive oil

It's also great to add different essential oils or switch up the oil you use in the scrub to one you like.
Mostly I make this when I want to use it so it stay's fresh but I also make up a batch and store it in a pretty jar.
These would make great present's especially because you can customise the fragrance to the person.

What's your favourite scrub? Do you make your own?

This is going to most probably be my last post before Christmas so Merry Christmas to all you lovely lot reading this! 

Follow me on:
Share:

3 comments

  1. Love this idea, might make one as a quick christmas gift for my sister :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vitamin E or coconut oil would be great ones to use as they're great for moisturising!
    May get round to making this one day, me and my flatmates made our own lip balm and it was amazing!

    Efia @ Effy Talks Life

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have dry lips - I might have to try this out!

    Great tips!

    Kassie xo

    http://kassiebarkerjones.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I appreciate every comment!

© S J M W E L L - Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle blog. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig