11 January 2013

Dainty Doll Liquid foundation in '002' - Review

(Swatched L-R) Bourjois Healthy mix '51', Missha b.b cream (post here), Dainty Doll '002', Estee Lauder double wear (Lightest shade)



I think I've finally found a foundation pale enough for the Casper which I am. Something I thought I would never ever say. Getting hold of this Dainty Doll foundation was as much of a challenge as it was to find a pale enough shade in drugstore brand's, I rung the Boot's number on their website and the lady said she was un-able to find any store that has Dainty Doll. It is online on a few website's including Boot's. This was a bit of a pain because everyone need's to test out the shade's before buying. It's a little pricier then standard drugstore brand's at £22.00 but I've got to the point where If the shade finally suit's me I'd splurge on a good foundation. 
Last year I posted about Missha b.b cream (post here) which was until now the only foundation I'd currently found to even be remotely close to my skin tone. I ordered from Korea on Ebay and it's still yet to run out so it's worked out really good value. Drug store brand's please start making better shade range's! As you can see from the swatches Missha b.b cream is a bit more pink toned where as the Dainty Doll foundation is more yellow toned.  

I don't actually wear foundation everyday, I just conceal and powder, but I do if I'm going out some where special for a bit more of a perfect base. 

I've found the dainty doll foundation is perfect for under the eye's before I apply my Bobbi Brown Corrector (post here) because it lean's more yellow-cool toned it counteract's the purple-ness of my under eye (one downside of late night's and super paleness) and also act's as a great base to stop the B.B caking. 

One word to describe this foundation? Perfect.
It's what I've been searching for forever, it has a beautiful satin finish which really look's beautiful in all lighting when it catches the light, it's also build-able without creating a cakey mess. When I was googling for review's alot of people noted to buy the 2nd shade even if you are super pale and usually go for the lightest. A very strange idea when you are used to going for the lightest fair shade automatically. As I was ordering online guessing my shade was really hard (wish Dainty Doll was made more readily available in stores!) Apparently the shade 001 was practically white but would be ideal to mix in with other foundation's that need lightening. I ordered 002 and it's perfect for me, I could probably go for 001 and mix in a tiny amount just to make it the ideal shade but I don't want to look too ill by going too light. 

I left the swatch to dry on my arm and left it for 4hour's+ it and didn't oxodize and change from the perfect shade to the oh not so perfect'o shade. 
The coverage is light to medium, I use it sparingly and it cover's just nicely. It is buildable if you wanted a bit more fuller coverage. 

This foundation really does give a lovely finish when blended out and I love that it gives a satin finish. I'd also like to try some Dainty Doll concealer. I'm so happy Nicola Robert's introduced a 'fair skin' brand to the beauty market, there's not many brand's that have a great range of true shade's for every girl and even the fairest are basically orange, so yay for Nicola!
It's currently my new favourite thing and hopefully it remain's to be. I'd love to pick up and try some Illamasqua foundation's as they were my next go to brand for fair foundation's. 

Have you tried this? Any fair foundation's I need to try? 

Follow me on:




Share:

19 comments

  1. I have this! :) I have it in 001 though! Fellow Casper! I use it on my good skin days & use Illamasqua Skin Base in 2 (my favourite) on my not so good skin days or if I want more coverage! The Dainty Doll concealer is amazing too though! I would definitely recommend it. So glad there are a couple more make-up brands for super pale skin now! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try Illamasqua's skin base too, I've read alot of good review's on it!
      I agree- finally brand's are introducing a good range for every skin tone xx

      Delete
  2. I'm thinking of trying this Dainty Doll foundation too, as i'm pale as well as its always a nightmare trying not to loo Orange.
    I'm the same as you i like to swatch them, and thats the sole reason i was going to buy Danty Doll as i seen it finally had come into Boots in my local area with a big stand so i think it's a defo now!

    Also try Illamasqua, that was my best before seeing dainty doll, it does a really good varitey of shades and i got one that was pale enough for me too, or get their white foundation to mix with cheaper high street brands that are slightly too dark, works a treat! :) x

    Loz│NOIR │♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'd definitely recommend having a swatch of them! So lucky to have a stand in your local, I'd love to try other product's but just really prefer swatching before buying!

      I think I'll have to try Illamasqua's white foundation as that sound's so handy to mix

      xx

      Delete
  3. I've never tried anything from the Dainty Doll range but always been intrigued by it, I'll have a proper look next time I pass the stand! I recently discovered that No7 do properly light shades that aren't orange, I'm using their Matte Perfection foundation at the moment but I know they do a lot of different finishes/coverages depending on what you're looking for! xo

    talbsx.blogspot.com | @talbsx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'll definitely have a look at No7 when I'm next in Boot's, thanks lovely xx

      Delete
  4. It's so hard to find a foundation if you are pale! I went with Benefit but even their lightest shade isn't that light. I've yet to try any Dainty doll products but I've heard great things about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, it's really quite a task! Even some of they high end brand's were un-able to match me. I'd definitely recommend checking Dainty Doll out, I couldn't believe It actually matched me so well

      xx

      Delete
  5. They sell Dainty Doll in my local boots ;) though they don't have the liquid foundation, only the powder! annoying as I'd love to try it but like you hate buying without trying it first! I'm still never sure what foundation suits me as my skin tone is quite neutral, not really yellow or pink, argh!
    lovely review!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh lucky! haha
      I thought they were in a couple of Boot's but the lady said there's none on the system, so strange!

      I'm the same with the undertone's but I find this work's really well for me, It lean's slightly yellow but I just blend it a bit more

      xx

      Delete
  6. You know it was only the start of the week when I was hunting for reviews on this so it's appeared at the perfect time. How long lasting is it on you? I struggle to find something pale enough that last more than a few hours, uni days I'm putting my male up on at 6am and sometimes not getting home till nearly 8pm!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yay, hope it helped!

      I find if I apply it at around 9-10am it last's until the late afternoon-early evening. I sometimes wear a primer underneath & a apply a little extra & then powder with msfn which keep's it on an extra few hour's. It isn't the most long wearing of foundation's but it does last well

      xx

      Delete
  7. I really want to try some things from the range but like you said its not the easiest to find in stores1 x

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have used this and being a fellow casper i used either 001 or 002 but i found that it went very patchy on my skin after a few hours so now i use the rimmel match perfection foundation in light porcelain it is exactly the same to this and alot cheaper :). xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely check it out, would be great to find the right shade of foundation for alot less! xx

      Delete
  9. That Missha bb cream swatch looks like such a perfect match for my skin tone, definitely going to have to try it!

    Zoe | zozeze.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a casper too!!! I'd heard of Dainty Doll but the high price REALLY puts me off. I'd definitely try this now though, knowing that someone similarly coloured to me has given it rave reviews. I have to lighten every foundation I use, to the point that I am almost spendin the same amount as that one foundation on two different colours.

    Such a shame they don't do them in stores though...

    Simone
    foxtrot-inkblot.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've struggled to find the perfect foundation shade for my extremely fair skin and the only notable foundation I've tried so far is the no7 beautifully matte foundation. I was colour matched to the lightest shade 'calico' and over the winter is still too dark but it's perfect in the summer (when I'm somewhat'darker,). I'll defiantly try out the dainty doll foundation, hopefully it'll be my perfect shade :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a fellow casper too!! (Hiiiiiiii) I have this exact foundation and yes it's the right shade, but I thought it was such poor quality :( I have found a perfect match in the new super pale shade of the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation- Light Porcelain!! It's my saviour! xx
    Gem ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I appreciate every comment!

© S J M W E L L - Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle blog. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig