9 May 2013

Girls night in by Hannah Read-Baldrey // book review




Available here

These type of books are one of my favourites, easy browsing and perfect when looking for ideas. They always leave me inspired and digging through my craft stash, it also reminds me of my other favourite crafty / recipe book by Jazz Domino Holly. The book includes everything you would need for ideas on a girls night in, be it food/cocktails, games or a relaxing pamper session.

As part of the Crafty blog tour with the blogger before being lululoves and tomorrow circle of pine trees I was lucky enough to receive my own copy! It's quickly become my joint number one favourite crafty book and of course wanted to share it on the blog.

'Girls night in' is exactly what it is, lots of lovely crafty ideas to help you on planning your girls night in. From prep beforehand to when your friends turn up. One of my favourites from the book even if I practically love the whole book is the photo booth idea which is always great for reminder's of your lovely night at the end. You could always print them out in groups of four like old school booths and give them to your friends. Decoration tips (I really love the leggy bunting) and of course a party needs some food and cocktails!

The book begins with tips on before the party including check lists, what to wear and the week before. It then leads on to decoration DIYs including paper pom poms the leggy bunting, crackers and invitations. It also has ideas for games such as drawing whispers, guess who and of course some rather tasty cocktails, titanic, pink lady and also jelly shots.

If you preferred a pamper evening with all your best friends Hannah also includes some super easy diy recipes for some nice long relaxing time. Lavender salt scrub, mocha face mask, lemon and vodka foot soak and also ideas for some glam make-up and hair-do's (I love the beehive) 

I really enjoyed this book and think I'm going to get oh so much use from it, I like how simple the projects are that you could do them easily without being an ~experienced crafter~. It's one of those books you find so many ideas from and one you'll always go back to for recipes or craft projects. 
Some projects I plan on doing from it are the make-up brush roll, silhouette lampshades and ragged heart garland and many many more so I may do a blog post! I would have loved to do some for the post this week but I've had a bit of a tough week so apologies. 



Follow me on:






.






Share:

6 comments

  1. I love books like that, coffee table books I think you call them? :)

    Amy| The Little Koala Blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these kind of books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try some victory rolls! Lovely review - Hope your week gets better now the weekend is here :) Em (Lululoves)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey,

    I am so happy I stumbled across your blog, I really love your posts there super informative and really well written. I plan to follow you via GFC and bloglovin' (if you have one).

    I have a fairly new beauty blog as well, I'd love it if maybe you could stop by and take a look and let me know what you think about it. Thanks in advance if you do :)

    - Krystal
    @ captivatingkrystal.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow i've never seen this book before but it seems to be amazing! =)

    Check out my latest OOTD :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I appreciate every comment!

© S J M W E L L - Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle blog. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig