29 March 2016

The envy blow dry at home - Review

Envy blow dry set - £40

I've finally discovered a routine to blow dry my hair where it doesn't result in a huge fluffy mess. Previous to this routine, I would just use a GHD heat protectant spray- which to be fair has served my hair well for many years and kept it healthy, but I would be met with big and frizzy hair due to the method I dried it. My hair overall is thick, wavy and has a tendency to get very knotty when wet. 
To fix this solution I used to blow dry my hair using big barrel brushes which help smooth, slightly straighten and just control the hair better. Pairing it with these products from Envy is bliss! 

Dual fix 12 - 200ml, £19.95

To start, I use the Dual fix 12. A mousse that is light and fragrant, smelling slightly of citrus but not overwhelming. For an intensive use this mousse can be used on dry and un-washed hair, I apply a good old dollop generously through the hair. This stuff is full of great benefits in one bottle. Linking to it's name, Envy claims it has 12 key benefits, repairing, hydrating and adding shine to your hair and helping to repair it from previous damage, while strengthening and preventing split ends. Once i've applied it throughout the hair I go over it with my hairdryer quickly, almost working as 'sealing' in all that goodness from the product. For more frequent use, you can use this after shampooing as a treatment, before continuing with conditioner. Once this is all done, I hop in the shower and wash my hair.
Gentle cleansing shampoo and Detangling conditioner - 250ml, £14.95, 

On to the cleansing shampoo and detangling conditioner. I love how all of these products work so well together. I honestly cannot believe how good my hair felt when I had finished blow drying it. I start with double shampooing and really working it in the scalp, like they do in the hairdressers, which I, half the time don't have time to do on a normal work week but when I'm going out for the evening, I'll make the effort to do! I only work the shampoo into the scalp as this is where the oil is produced, I don't want to strip any oil from the lengths of my hair so focus it mainly at the upper part. I then go on to conditioning the hair, I feel this stuff really did help detangling my thick old hair. Like I mentioned, I always have a tendency to be left with knots in my hair after washing but this stuff made my comb go through my hair like butter, my hair was so sleeky and soft, shown in my video. Dare I say it, my hair had that 'glossy, smooth and shiny yeah I just went to the hairdressers' look, which I, as anyone would had doubts I could even achieve at home! I then go on to separate and blow dry with my round GHD brushes, which if you're interested I show within my video below! 
I really love the shampoo and conditioner together, I feel like they work so well for my hair. The shampoo and conditioners are formulated without SLS/SLES and are parabon free, so you can rejuvenate that blow dry and have healthy hair without the nasty stuff. They are packed with keratin amino acids and silk proteins, which help to strengthen and add shine to the hair, which explains why my hair is always left so silky soft and shiny smooth. Something I love to achieve as it just makes your hair look and feel so healthy.


  • All of the products are available to purchase individually and Envy also do a blow drying kit which is what I used above. What products do you love for drying your hair?
Follow me on:
Share:

1 comment

Thank you for commenting, I appreciate every comment!

© S J M W E L L - Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle blog. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig